Torchbear, the app that combines social networking and gaming, keeps growing and growing. The latest update greatly improves sharing features (important for such a social app), adds a new Live tile, and even performance enhancements.
Torchbear version 1.5 release notes:
- MANGO Support including LIVE Tile Support & System Tray Progress control!
- System Tray is now transparent which gives us more screen space!
- You can now Luv, Lulz, Like or Dislike any torch update
- You can now comment on any torch update on a torch you have previously held
- Twitter Support - can now share any torch update with 1 click twitter sharing
- Sharing - can now share any torch update on Linked-In, Twitter, Facebook, Windows Live, and Windows Hotmail
- Improved Notifications (now supports live tile, also the in-app notification screen has improved)
- Improved News, Local News, and My News pages
- Speed Improvements
- Uses less bandwidth
- Bug Fixes
How do you guys like Torchbear these days? The 1.4 and 1.5 updates have really improved the interface and given the app an impressive level of visual polish. The nearest torch to me is 39 miles away, but users who live in big cities and areas in which Windows Phone thrives will likely have a great time with the app.
Torchbear is a free application for your Windows Phone and you can find it here on the Marketplace. You can also check in on torches and view a world map of Torchbear activity at the Torchbear website.