We covered BandWidth back in January when it was v2.0. Written by XDA member microhaxo, the free app is a great little utility--sharp, to the point and it does its job well of nailing your upload and download speeds via 3G or WiFi. Allowing you to pick the server, file transfer size and more, the app has always been a staple in our tool belt for phone testing.
Version 3.0 is completely re-written and now Mango enabled, making it even more a must-have in our book:
- Automatic server selection based on location (over 600 severs world wide).
- Options to choose which file size you want for the server. (changes upload file size too!)
- Option to pick how far out distance wise you want to load servers from (default 400 miles).
- Ability to share your results on Twitter and Facebook! (text output at this point).
- Option to turn off gps if not wanted (loads original static list)
Not a bad deal and since it's free, there aren't many reasons to not grab it (well, if you're not on Mango, we suppose). Small note: make sure you uninstall the previous version before you download/update to the new one--since the code is completely new, you can't just update the app. Pick it up here in the Marketplace.