We have a lot of Twitter apps for Windows Phones and everyone has their preference. And while we're hard pressed to name one as the end-all, be-all we're going to give a strong endorsement here for Tweet it! from the developers My Amazing Big Fork. Reasons?
- It has a lot of character--great animation effects, layout and a bold, unique design
- Lots of options and features not found on other Twitter apps
We've been using Tweet it! from its 1.0 days where it was a simple app that allowed you to just rapidly Tweet a message with a few clicks. But once it hit 2.x it received a major overhaul and a ton of features. Now sitting at v2.6, the app is really a fantastic option for those looking for something different, something that will make you smile when you use it. Some of the features of Tweet it! include:
- Pinnable sub-sections: Drafts (offline support), Tweet direct, Timeline, Now playing (music) and photos (awesome Polaroid effect)
- Modes - Night Mode (dimmed), Street mode (uses camera for background), Fast Tweet (pops up keyboard), Bed mode (orientation lock), Filters, etc.
- Ringtones - yes, it even features two really good ringtones
There's even more, so take a look at the above video to get an idea. We're pretty smitten with the app and the dev seems keen on delivering regular updates (we really like the holiday/Christmas theme with the bird). We find it fast, smooth and like we said, it kind of makes us smile when we use it. The app has a free trial and can be had for a very reasonable $0.99. Highly recommend.
Pick it up here in the Marketplace and let us know in comments what you think.