Tweetium, the best current third party Twitter app for Windows 8 "Modern" users, just got a nice update that adds a number of new features and improvements, even as Windows Phone users await the official launch of the app for that platform.
Here is the change log for version 2.5.1 of Tweetium for Windows 8, which costs $2.99:
- Added support for displaying multiple photos.
- Added support for displaying photos in DMs (still can't attach due to API limitations).
- Conversation views now work properly with replies to protected tweets.
- Clicking/tapping on a user's avatar in an expanded view now navigates to their profile.
- Improved handling of stream errors and rate limiting conditions.
- Avoid a possible crash when the system's notification API gets into a broken state.
In addition, there's a new 12-month $8 option for Tweetium Pro, which adds a number of extra features to the app beyond what's in the $2.99 version, such as push notifications, a way to switch between up to seven Twitter accounts in the app and more. Previously, the Tweetium Pro non-recurring subscription was offered just for six months for $4.99.
You can download the new version of Tweetium right now in the Windows Store, which also contains a free trial. Stay tuned as we will continue to offer updates on when the Windows Phone version will be available.