One of our favorite third-party Twitter apps, Tweetium, has just been updated for both Windows Phone and Windows 8.1. The new version has a fairly long change log, which includes word that the app now allows for videos that are embedded in tweets to be viewed:
Here's what's new in the 3.2.5 version:
- Support for viewing videos (including from animated GIFs) embedded in tweets
- This uses new support for Twitter which is still rolling out, so may not be available in all cases yet.
- Fixed some cases where the AppBar could disappear or appear unexpectedly when switching views with conversations expanded.
- Returning to a tab with a thread expanded now shows the thread more quickly and restores reply state
- Tapping the navbar tab for the current view dismisses any expanded reader tiles in addition to scrolling to the top
- Fixed handling of the back button when expanding additional conversations from links/timestamps on top of each other
- Fixed a bug where old cache data left over from beta builds could be loaded in rare connectivity loss or rate limit scenarios
Just a reminder: Tweetium costs $2.99 and once you buy it for one version, you get the other for free. You can also purchase Tweetium Pro to enable some extra features
- Download Tweetium for Windows Phone 8.1 ($2.99, buy once, buy everywhere)
- Download Tweetium for Windows 8.1 ($2.99, buy once, buy everywhere)