When taxi drivers don't want to drive me home because it's too far, I know I can always rely on Uber. If you're an Uber fan as well, the good news is that the app has just been updated with improvements in stability. It's also now a Windows 10 app, which looks great on the Lumia 950 and 950 XL. The Windows Phone 8.1 version of the app remains intact.
For Windows 10 Mobile the app is now version 2.0.17 while the Windows Phone 8.1 version - also updated with bug fixes - is now at 3. 2.6.4.
- Request a ride using the app and get picked up within minutes.
- Compare rates for different vehicles.
- Add a credit card to your secure account so you never need cash on hand.
- Easily set your pickup location on the map, even if you don't know the exact address.
- Get connected to your personal driver and check the progress of your Uber at any time.
- Emailed receipt when you arrive at your destination.
The most noticeable change is the hamburger menu on the top left corner. Previously, the menu was accessed through the three-dot menu on the lower right corner of the screen.
The Uber app also works with Continuum. You might see an error initially and it is greyed out, but we can confirm it still works as you can see above on our 32-inch 4K monitor. It's not available for download for PCs right now, but who knows, maybe it'll be released there too.
Do you use Uber? You should! If you haven't tried it yet, your first ride is free up to $15. Use the code uberappfree.