Although for many, Internet Explorer is a fine and dandy web browser for their Windows Phone, having an alternative (even if it can’t be native) is still a nice thing to have as an option. Step in UC Browser, which for many offers a different perspective on web browsing in addition to some unique features.
Currently, UC Browser sits at a lofty version 2.9 but 3.0 is right around the corner. With 2.9, users can already take advantage of UC’s cool feature list, including cached video for offline, “modes” for viewing at night, incognito, text-only, etc., customized themes, Lockscreen wallpaper, Smart Downloads for grabbing ringtones, wallpaper, music and more.
So what does 3.0 add? Luckily we have the change log and new screenshots for you:
- Upgraded Homepage - A complete overhaul of the homepage with new features such as the ability to move and contract your Speed Dials like Tiles in WP8.
- Speed Boost - The speed of downloading has been increased by 40%-100%, along with an increase in page loading speeds.
- Increased Usability - You can now exit UC Browser by clicking “back” twice at home page.
- Domain Name Support - The entering of domain names in different languages (like .рф) allows for more convenient browsing.
- QR Code Scanning - You can now scan QR Codes (although this is listed in 2.9, it looks to be updated here)
Not too shabby. What’s more, UC Browser is completely free, is used by more than 400 million users worldwide and has been around for years.
We’ll let you know when v3.0 goes live this week (planned) but in the meantime, you can pick up version 2.9 here in the Store. Windows Phone 7.x and 8 supported!
Have you tried UC Browser? If so, what did you think? If not, why not?