Good news for British fans of Windows Mobile, huge touchscreens and fast processors: The Toshiba TG01, as expected, will be exclusive on the Orange network starting July 10 and is free if you sign up for a two-year contract.
A refresher on the specs:
- Windows Mobile 6.1 Professional (upgradable to 6.5 - which we've already seen on it).
- Qualcomm QSD8250 Snapdragon processor at 1GHz.
- Size: 70x130x9.9 mm.
- Weight: 129g.
- 4.1-inch, 480x800 resistive touchscreen.
- 3.2MP camera.
- 512MB ROM/256MB RAM.
- MicroSD card.
- Bluetooth 2.0.
- WiFi b/g.
- 1,000mAh battery. (Rut-ro, Raggy. That's gonna need some pretty regular charging.)
- Quad-band EDGE (850/900/1800/1900); 2100MHz for HSPA. So it'll work in the U.S., just not with 3G data.
Should be interesting to see some real-world results on battery life. While the Snapdragon is supposed to make things easier on the power source, a mere 1,000mAh battery makes us cringe a little. And do note that the phone will work on the U.S. GSM network, but data will be limited to EDGE only.