With Killer Instinct now available for both Xbox One and Windows 10, players can look forward to a bunch of upcoming content for the fighting game as part of its Season 3. That includes a new story mode called Shadow Lords.
Shadow Lords will be released sometime later this year, and will give players the chance to assemble a team of Killer Instinct fighters to defend the Earth against an invasion from the alien Gargos. Here's an early look at its features:
- Your ultimate goal is to beat Gargos and his forces before he takes over the world. How fast that happens is completely up to how you play!
- Choose any character to "main" and assemble your team from across the entire roster of KI characters. Uneasy alliances abound!
- As characters are added to the game after launch, they'll also come with new Shadow Lords content.
- There's a lot of stuff to earn and craft in this mode, all of which can be obtained by playing. KI Gold will allow you to accelerate to get to some rarer stuff sooner to help in your fight against Gargos and his minions.
- The game features persistent items and elements that carry across multiple playthroughs
There will be a new, as yet unnamed, multiplayer mode added to the game in July that will link in some way with Shadow Lords, including what players can craft. In addition, four new fighters will be added to Killer Instinct Season 3. So far, just two have been revealed: Mira and Gargos. There are also rumors that General RAAM from Microsoft's Gears of War series will be one of the other additional characters.