Microsoft has been busy this summer with Windows Live and it doesn't look like they are slowing down. Updates are slated for Hotmail ranging from larger attachment size limits to folder management enhancements.
The updates include:
- Emails that include package tracking (e.g. FedEx tracking) will now light up in Hotmail and through ActiveViews, recognize the tracking number and display the real time status. This feature fully supports U.S. Postal Service and FedEx tracking. DHL and UPS, for the time being, will display a link to the shipper's website for status information.
- Facebook chat will be available through Hotmail. This feature will initially roll out in the U.S., U.K., France, Brazil, Germany and Russia.
- Attachment size per email has been increased to 25mb.
- Up to 10GB of photos can now be shared through email by sharing them as a photo album on Skydrive.
- Dailymotion and Justin.tv videos now can be viewed directly inside your email.
- Folders now can be created within folders to help better managed and organize your emails.
The updates will initially be rolled out to a small percentage of users just to make sure things go smoothly. Once all the bugs are ironed out, the updates will roll out at quicker pace. It is anticipated that the entire process will take a few weeks to complete.