Microsoft is offering student developers who reside in the U.S. a chance to win a Windows Phone. There are some superb ways to get involved with development on the platform whilst studying at university, and the rewards with both experience and networking are invaluable. But what if you could throw a free smartphone into the equation? Makes Windows Phone development even more appealing, right?
So how does one be in with a chance of winning one? Simply publish two apps to the Windows Phone Marketplace and enter your details on the Facebook page for the offer. There are some guidelines that need to be looked at prior to steaming ahead:
- You are a student in an accredited university/college in the United States
- You have developed two Windows Phone applications that are (or will be) published between March 26th and May 31st, 2012.
- The apps are targeting Windows Phone 7.5, and support Fast App Switching
- The apps are of high-quality and are not created with one of the "do-it-fast" tools, like AppMakr or FollowMyFeed
- You have not received a Windows Phone device in previous student promotions from Microsoft
Check out the Facebook page for more details and -of course- to submit your apps.