Vector is Mobile Nations' cross-site, cross-platform analysis show tackling the biggest stories and issues in tech. On this week's episode Marc Edwards of Bjango talks to Rene about screen sizes and display densities, the different implementations choices made by the different platforms, the road to 1080p and @2x, the advent of 2K, the possibility of @4x, and the question — how big and dense to phones really need to get? Subscribe and listen along!
- LG G3 rumored to have eye-popping 2K display
- Everything is a grid
- Pixels per inch is just a tag
- Sub-pixel text rendering
- Imagining a 5-inch iPhone 6
- 5-inch 1080p, 440ppi Android phones coming to the U.S., blowing past iPhone 5 Retina display
- Nokia Lumia 920 and the PureMotion HD+ Display
- Nokia Lumia 1520
- BlackBerry Z30
- HTC One
- iPhone 6
Email us at [email protected] or leave a comment below.