An updated Viber for Windows Phone is now available. Head into the Windows Phone Store and you'll find version 4.2.1 of the popular messaging and calling service.
The app was updated to version 4.2 this morning but was quickly pulled. It has returned as version 4.2.1, but the changelog in the Store is for 4.2. We're going to assume the .1 update was just a quick bug fix and the changelog below for version 4.2 will show you all the features you get today:
- Hold & Talk - instant voice messages. Your friend will hear you as you speak!
- New standalone sticker menu
- Design improvements, including a new call screen and default background
- Faster conversation loading and other performance enhancements
- New supported languages: Persian and Bulgarian
Big update for fans of Viber, of which there are plenty. Viber claims over 360 million users that use the service to text, call and send photo and video messages. If you're one of those, do let us know what you think of the new update for Viber on Windows Phone.
Thanks for the tips everyone