The team at VideoLAN continues to support the Windows Phone 8.1 version of its popular VLC media player with a new update, It brings the version number to 1.8 and has a number of additions, changes and improvements.
Here's a look at what's new and improved:
- New translation system : French language added
- Artist biographies are now saved in the SQL database
- New feedback system
- Context menu in the Video Player
- More personalisation options : accent colors, background colors, titlebar
- Buttons and texts are bigger on tiny screens
- Slideshow updated, new animations
- Added Video Player zoom options : Vertical Zoom, Horizontal Zoom
- Added Video Player animations
- Some settings are synced between devices
- Windows 10 Mobile uses W10 APIs to get songs from the Music Library
- Minor UI fixes
- New vlc:// protocol
- Fixed duplicate Current Track in the Playlist
- Fixed crashed at launch when another app was sending a stream that was considered as File
- Trying to work around the broken LastFM APIs
- Slideshow is now paused when the app is in background
- Crashes at first launch when indexing and getting video thumbnails
A quick update will be released soon to fix a bug that's been reported by some users, according to Twitter posts by the app's main developer Thomas Nigro.
Thanks to Majid for the tip!