Voxer is a popular cross-platform push to talk and messaging service available on Windows Phone. The company has now expanded its support for Windows Phone by adding its enterprise-grade and award-winning Voxer Business platform. Employees can now communicate securely on a private company network using the existing Voxer app for Windows Phone. This move is all down to Windows Phone's market share increasing in multiple regions.
It's super easy to get started with your Voxer Business credentials. Not only will you have access to the usual live and messaged audio, text, photos and location sharing, but also group chats and more. New features will be on the way for business, including full access to predefined teams (aka. group distribution lists), which have been organized through the manager for one touch communication with a specific department or internal division within a company.
"To accommodate the growing mobile workforce and the expansion of the Windows Phone device market, we wanted to be sure we continued to ensure support of the full umbrella of leading mobile OS providers," said Irv Remedios, Head of Product at Voxer. "By introducing support for Windows Phone 8 we are fulfilling our core mission to create a reliable, efficient communication platform for businesses around the globe."
Here's a list of features not included with the free service:
- Extreme notifications for loud and repetitive alerts when you need them
- Live Interrupt Mode for live streaming communication anywhere in and out of the app
- Groups of up to 500 people
- Headset Integration lets you hear live messages and respond with a button press
- Company managed user accounts
- Full administrative access and control over communications
- Private network of users including all external users
- Employee messages dynamically populate a map
Once a company has registered with Voxer Business, an administrator can set up the account and provide employees with Windows Phones access to team-based communication services. When not on their Windows Phone or are comfortable in front of a computer, said employees can also make use of the Voxer web interface. It's an effective solution for business and is just another piece added to the Windows Phone enterprise puzzle.