The Windows Central Podcast is your weekly dose of everything Microsoft, from Windows 10 to Surface, Xbox, HoloLens and everything in between!
It's official: Windows 10 Anniversary Update is coming August 2nd. This means that all 350 million Windows 10 users will have access to new features, and Insiders will be pushed to the RS2 builds. In this episode, Daniel, Daniel, and special guest, Zac Bowden, discuss what that means for current Windows 10 users.
They also talk about double-tap-to-wake coming to the Lumia 950 and 950 XL, and how the Anniversary Update is setting the stage for a big comeback for Windows 10 Mobile in 2017 alongside a so-called Surface Phone.
Speaking of Surface, there's a new rumor that Microsoft will be releasing a Surface-branded AIO (all-in-one) PC for the living room to take on the iMac.
And they also talk about Microsoft's decision to rethink its Messaging Anywhere strategy to focus on Skype, and compare the Huawei MateBook to the Samsung Galaxy TabPro S.
- Why is the Surface Pro 4 so much more stable than the Surface Book? -@jmetzendorf
- What does Microsoft have planned for LinkedIn? -@abhimadasu
Help us make this show the best Microsoft podcast in the world. Tell your friends, share it on social media using the hashtag #wcpodcast, and give us a five-star rating wherever you download your podcasts! Thank you so much for listening!
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update coming August 2nd
- Microsoft is working on Surface All-in-One PC destined for your living room
- Messaging Everywhere pulled from Anniversary Update, but will live on in new Skype Windows app
- Huawei MateBook review
- 'Double-tap to Wake' is slowly being released to Windows Device Recovery for Lumias
Subscribe to the podcast
- Download directly: Audio
- Listen via: Windows Central app Windows 10 | Android
- Subscribe via iTunes
- Subscribe via RSS
- Subscribe via Google Play Music
- Subscribe via Pocket Casts
Make this show great by participating!
Send in your comments, questions, and feedback to: