Add Windows Phone 7 to The Weather Channel's mobile weather app line-up (well, we saw it yesterday, but now it's "official"). The ad-support application is free and available at the Marketplace. Claiming to provide the most reliable, accurate weather forecasts available, The Weather Channel app features:
- Animated, interactive maps can be customized by weather layers such as radar and clouds, temperature, wind speed and recent precipitation
- Detailed weather data in hourly, 36-hour and 10-day forecasts, as well as current conditions including temperature, wind, humidity, UV level, dew point, visibility, sunrise and sunset
- A panoramic view screen and background weather images, the app is visually attractive and takes advantage of Microsoft's new user interface capabilities
- Traffic cameras for local roads and highways (for supported markets)
- Share weather information via e-mail to keep friends updated on weather effects
- Save favorite locations for quick access to the most relevant weather
- Video center with local and regional forecasts featuring TWC on-camera meteorologists
- A severe weather center with updates on tropical systems, winter weather and more.
Future updates for the mobile weather app include a hurricane central section with tropical tracking info, integration with The Weather Channel's iWitness Weather Community and support for Spanish, German and French languages.
It will be interesting to see how this app compares to the Weatherbug app that will also be available for Windows Phone 7.
Source: The Weather Channel