Happy holidays! This is the time of year when holidays like Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, New Years and others occur at the same time (more or less). So that's probably why we're going to make 'holidays' as our theme for the weekly photo contest. Head out and capture something festive!
Winner from last week
We had a ton of good entries into last week's "sunset" contest, but I had to settle on the one I liked the most. Thanks to all who entered, you're all very talented! Head to the forums to check out all the other entries. This week's winner is...
Congrats to Nekusta for his winning shot. It was taken with his Lumia 720 and edited using Photoshop.
Feel free to capture a picture that best represents the holidays to you. Candy canes, dreidels, kentes and more are all in play for the contest this week!
The photo above was captured by yours truly on my Lumia 1520. It's of a Christmas tree and some ornaments near my local town square. Just some slight tweaks inside Photoshop Express for Windows Phone.
Rules are going to be just like last week. Here they are:
- Picture must be taken with a Windows Phone
- Picture must be uploaded to the contest thread (linked below)
- You have to tell us what device you used to take the picture, and any special software or apps you might have used. Editing your pictures is fine, this is art
- Feel free to add a little back story, we want to know how the picture came to be
- You must have used a valid email address to register here at Windows Central, so I know how to contact the winner
- Only ONE entry per week per person
How to use Tapatalk to post images in the Windows Central forums
- Pretty please read if you don't know how [How to upload photos]
We're going to continue our social experiment from last week. Share any pictures you take for the contest on Instagram, Twitter and Fhotoroom using the following hashtags. It's a fun way to at a glance check out your competition and get inspiration. Plus we're building a community of Windows Phone mobile photographers!
Here's how it looks this week.
This doesn't count as your entry; it's just a fun way to track the photos on social media. Your entry still needs to be in the forums!
One winner will get a $25 gift card to the Windows Phone Store. You can use it to buy apps and games in the Windows Phone Store, Windows Store or Xbox Store.
We'll pick a winner Tuesday night (December 23) at 11:59 PM ET. Winners will be announced in a blog post for the contest next week.
Quick PSA: We've set up dedicated sub-forum in the Windows Central forums to keep the photo contests in one location going forward. You should bookmark this page, so you never miss a contest.
Good luck and have fun!