If you are a Bell customer in Canada and use a LG Optimus Quantum or HTC HD7, you have reason to rejoice. Starting tomorrow, Microsoft will start pushing out its 8107 update (7.10.8107.79), which most notably, fixes the "vanishing keyboard" issue on said devices amongst other fixes. A leaked internal Bell Mobility document shows that the rollout will occur in two waves. The first will come tomorrow, followed by wave 2 on January 25.
In addition to the keyboard bug, 8107 also addresses the following:
- Email. Fixes a Google mail syncing issue.
- Location. Fixes a location access issue. With this fix, the Me feature in the People Hub sends anonymous information about nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers to Microsoft only if you agree to allow the Check In function to access and use location information.
- Security. Revokes digital certificates from DigiCert Sdn Bhd to address an encryption issue.
- Email threads. Fixes an email issue related to Microsoft Exchange Server 2003. With this fix, when you reply to or forward a message, the original message is now included in your response.
- Voicemail. Fixes a voicemail notification display issue that occurs on some European and Asian networks under certain conditions.
- There's no word on how the waves of updates get divvied up, so no telling who will get it when.