This is a little something for bloggers and web developers who use WordPress as a CMS. Should you not have the necessary knowledge and experience to confidently develop an app to compliment your website, fear not as help is at hand with the Windows Phone Starter Kit for WordPress.
It's a simple package that includes a skeleton app, which only requires you to alter one line of code and insert the blog URL, and a plugin .zip that is to be uploaded and installed on the website. Full instructions located below:
- Open the MainPage.xaml.cs file in Visual Studio
- Update the siteURL parameter to the location of your WordPress blog
- Log into your WordPress blog using an account that has administrative access
- Click on the "Plugins" link from the navigation bar on the Dashboard
- Click on the "Add New" button on the Plugins page
- Select the "Upload" link from those choices presented on the Plugins page
- Click the browse button and navigate to the location of the WPSKPlugin.zip (usually
- Click the "Install Now" button to perform the upload.
Head on over to the MSDN Code project page for the Windows Phone Starter Kit below for more details and download links.