There's a lot going on in the world of Windows Phone. So much, in fact, that it is sometimes tough to catch every important story.
Device rumors come and go. New apps join the Windows Phone Store, and your favorite app can get a big update with a new look or new features.
Therefore, every week we will compile a list of the Windows Phone news that you just shouldn't miss. Welcome to the "Windows Phone Weekly Digest."
1. Windows Phone
Microsoft's new high-end phone on AT&T, the Lumia 950, is officially on the shelves. We picked one up and unboxed it for you all to see.
We also headed to the Microsoft Store to get the Lumia 950's larger counterpart, the Lumia 950 XL. Check out our unboxing video and first impressions.
And if you are looking for a case for either phone, you can't do much better than Mozo's leather covers.
If you were one of the many Windows 10 Mobile users who had app updates stuck in the queue, only to fail with error code 0x803F8006, rejoice. It seems that Microsoft pushed out updates this week to fix the issue.
Having once been the mobile OS for hackers and enthusiasts alike, Windows Phone evolved into a closed operating system, offering little in the way of tinkering. Now, XDA user Heathcliff had announced the availability of Windows Phone Internals, and new software suite that opens the door for custom Lumia ROMs.
And following the success of the Windows Insider Program, Microsoft has begun their 'Create Together' initiative, which will take testing to a whole new level. Select Windows Insiders have started receiving invitations to join the new program that asks for their input on hardware color and design ideas.
Other notable items:
- Windows 10 Mobile's Touch menu settings now have the new user interface
- Glance menu in Windows 10 Mobile updated with new UI [Update: Motion Data as well]
- Best Buy is now selling the black AT&T Lumia 950
- How to enable native call recording on the Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL
- How to enable four columns for the Start screen on the Lumia 950
- How to enable Hey Cortana for the Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL
- Dull display? Make the Lumia 950 and Lumia 950 XL's extra vivid
- The Nokia 230 and Nokia 230 Dual SIM are Microsoft's latest feature phones
- Hands-on: Lumia 950 & 950 XL Essentials Bundle
- How to change the keyboard size on the Lumia 950 and 950 XL
- Unlocked Lumia 950 XL in US confirmed to be dual-SIM phone
- Freetel's Katana 01 with Windows 10 Mobile will launch in Japan on Nov. 30
- Japan's Yamada Denki to launch Every Phone with Windows 10 Mobile on Nov. 28
- Windows 10 Mobile now on 7% of all Windows Phones
- How to migrate from your old Windows Phone to your new Lumia 950 or Lumia 950 XL
- Here is why you are not getting full LTE on AT&T when using the Lumia 950 XL
Third-party camera app ProShot not only got updated this week, but the developers also announced that a Windows 10 version is in the works. Due in the next few coming weeks, ProShot will be designed from the ground up for Windows 10 and "is truly going to be something special." We can't wait!
SHAREit launched an all-new "official" Windows Phone app. This was somewhat confusing, as there was already a Windows Phone app. However, that version was dubbed "unofficial," though it remained in the Store.
MyTube got a significant update this week. The third-party YouTube client now supports Windows 10 PC and Mobile.
Fanband, which helps you personalize your Microsoft Band with various themes, was updated, adding Newest Themes list. Now you can see the latest additions in one place without sifting through them all.
Microsoft finally made good on its announcement from earlier this year to retire Lumia Beamer. Formally a Nokia app that let you show your phone content on other screens, Lumia Beamer hangs up its hat after two years of service.
And now that the Lumia 950 and 950 XL are officially here, we put together a list of 23 must-have apps for Windows 10 Mobile.
Other notable items:
- Microsoft releases an update for Extras + Info
- Memorize it! comes in as today's AdDuplex HERO App
- USAA app gets an all-new look as a universal Windows 10 app
- OneDrive and Camera apps for Windows 10 Mobile get minor updates
- Latest MixRadio update no longer sees the app published under Microsoft
- WHMCS for Windows Phone lets businesses manage their company on the go
- Ringo launches India's cheapest local calling service
TIME has named the minimalist gardening game Prune the best video game of 2015. That is quite an achievement, considering it was up against the likes of hugely popular console titles like Fallout 4 and Halo 5.
Ariel's World, which is an indie game available solely on WindowsPhone, went on sale for free until November 30. It is a retro platformer with 20 levels of gameplay in 5 different worlds, each guarded by a big, bad, boss.
Game Troopers pushed out a big update for their strategy MMO, Imperia Online for Windows Phone. Not only does the update add a new mode of play called The Game of Luck, but it also gives gamers ten new achievements that they can strive to unlock.
Other notable items:
- FABric Animals starring Emily - hop, skip and jump through this Windows Phone endless runner
- Review - Block Slider Star for Windows Phone
- Game Studio Tycoon 2 comes in as today's myAppFree Deal
- Digfender, an underground tower defense game for Windows Phone
- Briquid Mini, a watery Windows Phone puzzle game to give you fits
- Sky Cue Club, a 3D billiards game, is today's AdDuplex HERO App
Be sure to weigh in on this week's news in the comments section. See you next week!