The other day we mentioned the Windows Phone app Wiztiles that allows you to create custom tiles and themes on your Windows Phone. It's a very good app for customizing your Windows Phone and a new version was recently released, Wiztiles Pro, that brings a slightly different user interface into play as well as these changes/features.
- Faster launching of custom tiles
- Easy access to 12 new themes
- Theme versioning
- Theme preview with screenshots
- Create tiles without using a theme
- Added mini icons to metro theme for use with wallpaper themes
- Added backgrounds with gradients to metro theme
- Added url parameters to browser task for theme designers
- Added disabled back tile for theme designers
The free version required you to enter the URL where the Wiztile theme was being stored. With Wiztile Pro, you have a "download themes" button on the Theme Page that sends you to featured themes created by the Wiztile community of users. Wiztiles Pro still has the ability to download themes by entering a URL link but the more direct method is a nice touch.
Wiztiles (the free version) will also recieve an update shortly as well (in the certification stages). The key differences between WizTiles and Wiztiles Pro is the number of themes you can save on your Windows Phone. Wiztiles Pro has no restriction while Wiztiles free will only let you save one theme at a time. The Pro version gives you the convience of managing multiple themes.