A carry over from our Windows Mobile days, WorldCard Mobile, has made the transition to Windows Phone 7. WorldCard Mobile for Windows Phone allows you to scan business cards with your phone's camera, dissect the information and create contacts from that information.
Additional features include:
- Support business cards in five languages: English, French, German, Italian and Spanish; with more to in the works
- Auto entry of your contact info into your phone
- Make phone calls, emailing, texting, looking up location on maps, visiting websites
- Manage contacts with groups and in alphabetical order
- Keyword search (full name, company name, email)
- Browse business card images
- Support for social networks such as Twitter and Facebook
WorldCard Mobile was a successful Windows Mobile app and based on the looks of things, it will be equally well received on the Windows Phone. If you want to get rid of those stacks of business cards or need an easier way to transfer the info to your Windows Phone, WorldCard is worth a try.
There is a free trial version of WorldCard Mobile available with the full version running $9.99. You can find both here (opens Zune) at the Marketplace.