Monday being Monday there is a lot going on in the Windows Phone world. Adding to the fray of updates is the official Windows Phone Central app now at version 4.5.5. It brings some fixes and a new feature.
Let's take a look.
WPCentral app for Windows Phone 4.5.5
- Added an option to disable the custom tone sound
- Crash where a null account information page load was attempted
- Cross thread access bug caused when trying to retrieve app titles
- An error that could occur when trying to log in through the passport system
- When loading the passport page to login a user will now always be presented with a fresh log
Although only a few of you complained about the new default notification sound, if you are not on Windows Phone 8.1, you can at least now disable it. If you are on Windows Phone 8.1, well, you could have changed it at any time to whatever you wanted. Still, hopefully this appeases some of you who found it irksome.
The rest are nice little bug fixes that, although rare, could be frustrating for a few of you.
The update is live now, so go to the Store and pick it up. Remember, the app is completely free, for 99 cents though you can remove the ads.
- Download the WPCentral app for Windows Phone
- Download WPCentral app for Windows 8.1 here in the Windows Store