Microsoft has been improving Xbox Music on Windows Phone 8.1 at a fairly rapid pace. We were looking forward to bi-weekly updates from the company and should have had one this past Friday. That didn't pan out as Microsoft instead delayed that update for today. Head into the Windows Phone Store and you'll find the updated version of Xbox Music.
The last update for Xbox Music on Windows Phone came on May 23. That update introduced features like the ability to change tracks by swiping the album art, UI changes and bug fixes. Today's update brings Xbox Music to version 2.5.3965.0 in the Windows Phone Store, you'll see the app version sitting at 2.5.3965.0 if you go to the settings menu inside Xbox Music. The changelog in the Windows Phone Store just lists general performance improvements and bug fixes. We'll update with the full changelog once Microsoft shares it on the UserVoice page for Xbox Music.
Update Here is the full changelog from the Xbox Music UserVoice:
- Songs list scrolls faster.
- You can now add more than 100 songs to your playback queue! This means that "shuffle all" will add more variety to your listening experience.
- App and pinned tiles support custom backgrounds and theme colors.
- Artist art backgrounds now load more smoothly.
- Songs already in your collection can now be purchased.
Sound off in the comments with what you think of the update and if you spot anything new. We are seeing a transparent Live tile with this update!
Thanks for the tip anshuman!