Xbox Music for Windows Phone has just been updated. We were expecting an update to Xbox Music last week, but it never came. Today Microsoft has released an update for Xbox Music that's all about significant performance improvements and recent playlists.
You'll find version 126.96.36.199 of Xbox Music in the Windows Phone Store. We're still waiting for the full changelog from the Xbox Music UserVoice and will update once we have it.
Update: The full changelog is now available. Here's what's new in today's release:
- It's easier than ever to start playback of your favorite tunes via our new Recent Plays feature!
- You can let your kids play music worry free, now that we've added support for music in Kid's Corner (Requires Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1)
- It's noticeably faster to launch & navigate about the app, particularly the songs, artists, and albums pages
We also fixed several significant bugs, with a focus on:
- Album art & metadata reliability (more to come here!)
- Unexpected app exits & some black screens
- Playlists now shuffle from everywhere (not just first 100)
Note: The next update is expected to bring Live tile support.
What do you think of today's update? Let us know!
Thanks for the tip everyone!