Although no new features were introduced, the 2.6.656.0 update does address numerous user complaints and issues with the app. The changelog itself is quite substantial, and we will post it in its entirety.
Xbox Music for Windows Phone 8.1 (2.6.656.0): Fixes and improvements
- Three of the top unexpected app exits (e.g. at launch)
- Downloading tracks sometimes resulted in an error message
- Issue that caused background image to flicker on shuffle setting toggle
- Playback errors on specific content
- Unreliability in delete action
- Inaccurate group headers (a, b, c. etc.)
- Issue that prevented all fans across the globe from being able to sync purchases and playlists consistently – the experience in these countries should be improved:
- AR / Argentina
- BR / Brazil
- DK / Denmark
- FI / Finland
- MX / Mexico
- NO / Norway
- SE / Sweden
The update is very new to the Store, so if you do not see an update just yet, just keep checking as the update is surely to come to your device in the next few hours.
Additionally, some people have noted that a User Voice request has had a status change to 'Started'. The request is in regards to storing and playing back music on OneDrive for playback. This change is in reference to the announcement last week in Redmond by Microsoft about such a feature, which is coming to Windows 10 in the coming weeks and months.