Xbox Music for Windows Phone has just picked up its ninth update. Head into the Windows Phone Store and you'll find an updated Xbox Music app with Live tile support! Read on for the full details of today's update!
Version 2.6.224 of Xbox Music is now live. Today's update brings the following:
- You can now see incredible artist art & visualizations when playing music on your LIVE TILE! Requires Update 1 (OS Version #8.10.14141 & higher)
- Album art should show up much more reliably in all areas of the app
Several bugs have also been fixed in today's update. Those bugs are listed below:
- Performance / page loads
- Preventing any unexpected app exits
- Reducing our memory footprint, resulting in less app suspensions & terminations during multi-tasking
- Addressing playlist duplication issues
- Cleaning up Recent Plays interactions
We know you all can't wait to see the artist art and visualizations on your Live tile. Keep in mind you'll need Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 for this feature.
Those of you who complain about album art never working should also be pleased with this update. You should see better album art reliability - files with embedded album art via ID3 tags V2.3 and below. Quick guide on adding album art is here: http://xboxmusic.uservoice.com/knowledgebase/articles/414573-how-to-embed-album-art-using-windows-media-player
Let us know what you think of today's update!
Via: Xbox Music UserVoice
Thanks for the heads up everyone!