That Xbox One in your living room just got a big update last night. The June system update introduced things like external hard drive support to store games and apps, real names, Games with Gold hub and so much more. Microsoft also then announced that Twitter, Vine, HBO and 42 other apps would be coming to Xbox between now and holiday 2014. Not to be left alone, the Xbox One SmartGlass app for Windows Phone picked up a major update today. Details and changelog after the break.
Head into the Windows Phone Store and you’ll find version 188.8.131.52 of Xbox One SmartGlass (though the app will now display version 2.2.1405.30001 inside the settings). This update introduces a lot of features those on the Xbox One SmartGlass Beta have been enjoying. Here’s what’s new:
- See all your TV and app channels in one place with the OneGuide
- Control your cable or satellite box and TV with a new universal remote control
- Compare achievements
- Game clips watched on SmartGlass now count toward total views
- Reorder your pins- Filter saved game clips
- Get more types of notifications and manage them in Settings
- A redesign to Home makes it more engaging
- Navigate more easily with a new app menu
- See new leaderboards on game and details pages
- General stability and polish improvements
- Bug fixes
This is a must-have app for anyone with an Xbox One and Windows Phone. This update makes big improvements for those that use their Xbox One to watch a lot of TV content from their cable or satellite box. Grab the update and let us know what you think!
Thanks for the tip everyone!