Xbox Video for Windows Phone and Windows 8.1 has been updated. The update to Video on Windows 8.1 now includes more details about an episode, a fix for aspect ratio problems and more.
On Windows Phone
Xbox Video on Windows Phone is now sitting at version 2.6.258.0 in the Windows Phone Store. We'll add in the detailed changelog once it's available. For now you'll only see "minor fixes and improvements" listed in the Store changelog. Update: The detailed changelog is now live. Below are the following new features and changes in Xbox Video for Windows Phone.
- Personal video list sorting now persists across app launches
- The full screen button no longer causes the app to show a white, blank screen for some videos
- Polish fixes and general improvements
On Windows 8.1
Xbox Video on Windows 8.1 is now at version 2.6.256.0. We do have the detailed changelog for this update thanks to the Xbox Video UserVoice page. Here's what's new:
- Episode details pages now give you more context about the episode's series title as well as its episode number.
- Clearer messaging has been added to the download manager when copying content to another drive.
- Aspect ratios for images have been fixed.
- Fixed some bugs where the app would unexpectedly exit.
- Other minor bug fixes.
Grab the updates to Xbox Video and let us know what you think!
Thanks for the tip Jay S!
Source: Xbox Video UserVoice