Blizzard has announced that a number of movie theaters will be showing a collection of Overwatch trailers, cinematics, and other videos on May 22. That's just two days before the MOBA shooter is released on the PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4.
For one night only, on May 22, selected theaters in the United States will dedicate their projectors to Blizzard's new team-based shooter, broadcasting a collection of Overwatch cinematics, hero trailers, and animated shorts—including two new episodes, featuring the Shimada brothers, Hanzo and Genji, and the masked vigilante, Soldier: 76. As an added bonus, attendees will also get a behind-the-scenes look at the game's lore and storytelling efforts during a special developer panel hosted by Michele Morrow (not to mention some pretty sweet swag).
Here's the list of theaters that are already confirmed to be showing the Overwatch videos:
- Cinemark Mesa 16 (Mesa, AZ)
- Century 16 (Salt Lake City, UT)
- Lincoln Square Cinemas (Bellevue, WA)
- Century San Francisco Centre 9 (San Francisco, CA)
- Cinemark 18 & XD (Los Angeles, CA)
- Century Stadium 25 & XD (Orange, CA)
- Cinemark Tinseltown 20 & XD (Pflugerville, TX)
- Cinemark Legacy & XD (Plano, TX)
- Century 12 Evanston/Cinearts 6 & XD (Evanston, IL)
If you want your local theater to show the Overwatch videos on May 22, you need to organize your friends and reserve at least 100 tickets at that location by the end of the day on Thursday, May 12.