What you need to know
- Microsoft Edge has a new update available for people in the Dev Channel.
- The update adds an allow list for media autoplay settings and lets you un-ignore password health alerts for certain sites.
- The new Share experience is also enabled by default with the update.
Microsoft Edge Dev has a new update available that brings it to version 93.0.961.2. The update includes a handful of new features and enables the new Share experience by default. It also combines the Settings pages for Start, Home, and New Tab pages.
Some of the new options for Edge Dev cancel out or let you undo certain features in the browser. For example, you can now create an allow list for media autoplay settings. Microsoft Edge 92 changed autoplay videos to be limited by default. You can also now un-ignore password health alerts for certain websites. Password health first rolled out in May of this year.
Here's what's been added in the latest version of Microsoft Edge Dev:
- Added an allow list to media autoplay settings.
- Added the ability to un-ignore password health alerts for a particular website.
- Combined the Settings pages for Start, Home, and New Tab pages.
- Enabled the new Share experience by default.
The additions in this update provide more choices for people using the Edge browser. While many will prefer to have autoplay videos limited by default, an allow list lets specific sites bypass the option. Being able to un-ignore password health alerts is useful for anyone who accidentally clicked to ignore an alert for a specific site.
We may earn a commission for purchases using our links. Learn more.