Windows 10

Windows 10 may already be used by over 5% of all PCs worldwide, but the hardcore PC gaming community has apparently taken to Microsoft's latest OS on an even bigger scale. Just over a month after its launch, over 17% of the tens of millions of PC gamers who use Valve's Steam service are already using Windows 10.

Windows 10 Steam

Valve's hardware survey of its Steam users, updated for the month of August, shows that the 64-bit version of Windows 10 is now being used by 16.39% of Steam customers, while another 0.63% are using the 32-bit version of Windows 10. for a combined total of 17.02%. In fact, the 64-bit version of Windows 10 is currently the third most used operating system on Steam, period.

As you might expect, other versions of Windows have seen big drops in the August Steam hardware survey. The 64-bit version of Windows 7 is still number one with 39.71%, but that was a big 5.26% drop compared to July. The number two slot belongs to the 64-bit version of Windows 8.1 at 23.36%, but it went down by 7.60% compared to July. The big question: will this rate of adoption for Windows 10 by Steam users continue, or will it taper off?

Source: Steam