Windows 10

The use of Windows 10 by members of the PC gaming community on Valve's popular Steam service continues to grow quickly. The latest results from the company's hardware survey show that nearly 25% of all Steam users have Windows 10 installed.

Windows 10 on Steam

The survey results, updated for the month of September, shows that the 64-bit version of Windows 10 is now being used by 23.99% of Steam customers, while another 0.88% are using the 32-bit version of Windows 10, for a combined total of 24.87%, well above August's 17.02% share. The 64-bit version of Windows 10 is now currently the second most-used operating system on Steam, behind the 64-bit version of Windows 7 with 37.48%

Combined, the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows 7 are still being used by 45.99% of Steam users, according to the hardware survey stats, so it may be a while before Windows 10 surpasses it among those PC gamers. However, it seems clear that the adoption rate of Windows 10 among Steam users is much higher than the general PC market so far.

Source: Steam