Windows 10

Windows 10 continues to be adopted at a high rate by the PC gaming crowd. The latest hardware survey stats from Valve's Steam gaming service for October show that Windows 10 is being used by over 27 percent of its gamers.

The 64-bit version of Windows 10 is now being used by 26.63% of Steam customers, while another 1.01% are using the 32-bit version of Windows 10, for a combined total of 27.64%. That's a solid leap above September's 24.87% share, and well above August's 17.02% share. The 64-bit version of Windows 10 is now currently the second most-used operating system on Steam, behind the 64-bit version of Windows 7 with 36.32%

Windows 10 Steam

In related news, the Steam stats pages shows that the number of its concurrent users continues to grow rapidly. On Sunday, November 1, over 13.48 million PC gamers were logged into Steam at once. That's a huge leap from June when that number went over 10 million users. Valve announced earlier this year that there were over 125 million active Steam users, but with that many concurrent users coming online at once, it's likely that overall number is much larger now.

Source: Steam