Lots of app updates including our fave, Memento Pro
Over the last few weeks the Windows Phone Marketplace has had some minor issues, including pushing out updates for apps in timely manner. In fact, we’ve heard from a few developers that their updates have been delayed due to a backlog in the approval process.
So it’s perhaps of little wonder then that this morning we awoke to see a mini-flood of app update notifications on our phone and from what you, our audience, have reported to us.
Since there are so many, we figured we would wrap up the ones we know of (or at least for apps we use and approve at Windows Phone Central).
- Ask Ziggy (v2.8) - Bug fixes, App sharing feature, Edit the speech bubble when in situations you want to avoid using voice. Link.
- BBC News Mobile (v3.7) – Improved article reading. Link.
- glƏƏk! (v1.12) – New “Tweet Clouds” feature that users can create within the app. We’ve also heard that this app may go free again, pending silly Marketplace delays. Regardless, we’ve been tipped that if you used the Magic Hashtag #switchtolumia it will unlock the app for Free right now. Link.
- LevelUp (18.104.22.168) – Not specified (bug fixes?). Link.
- Memento Pro (v1.5) - Two new filters (Brighton, Crossit), supports cropping, 4 new resolutions, crash fixes. Link.
- Microsoft Store App – New logo and updated design. Link.
- Twabbit (v22.214.171.124) - Landscape support, Inline Images, Streaming. Link.
For us, the most welcomed changes are with Memento Pro—one of our favorite photo manipulation apps. Memento has some of the nicest filters we’ve used with an excellent UI design. The update clearly addresses some of our requests to the developer as we think this app has a ton of potential. With the ability to choose the crop region, quality of the image saved and new filters, it’s well on its way.
The new Tweet Cloud feature in glƏƏk!
We haven’t given Twabbit, a relatively new Twitter app, its fair shake around here—partly because it was missing landscape support (which we consider a top priority for Twitter clients). Now with version 126.96.36.199, that feature is finally added and we really like this app now. We’ll have more later on next week.
Fan favorite glƏƏk! received a new new Tweet Cloud feature (seen above). Surely that bonus will make fans even more happy, Used the Magic Hashtag to get the $1.99 app for free...booya.
The other app updates are mostly app fixes and minor improvements, so while not as exciting, it’s still great to see.
Thanks, Barry, Aron, Mark and others for the tips!
Benchmarking the new Surface Book 3 15 with GTX 1660 Ti and 10th Gen i7
Although it's too early for a review, here are some initial benchmarks from the new Surface Book 3 15-inch with a Core i7 and NVIDIA GeForce 1660 Ti (Max-Q) and how it compares to Surface Book 2 and other premium laptops. Spoiler: While the CPU is just OK, that 1660 Ti definitely bumps up the Book 3's potential.
HP devices are facing BSOD and boot loops, but HP appears to have a fix
HP users saw some serious issues with PCs over the weekend, including the Blue Screen of Death and boot loops. Now, an update from HP might fix the issue.
Minecraft Dungeons Ultimate Guide: Everything you need to know
Minecraft Dungeons is here, and it's time to run through everything you need to know about the game.
Make the most of your Surface Pen and Slim Pen with these awesome apps
To really maximize the ability of the Surface Pen and Slim Pen, there are some essential apps you should check out. We've rounded up the best right here for a variety of purposes.