As well as releasing the title for the iPhone and iPad, Activision also announced that Call of Duty: Heroes is now available for Windows 8 too, offering players a mobile-friendly version of the popular series with a 3D strategy genre twist. Players are tasked with constructing a base for themselves while launching attacks on enemies.
Highlighted features include:
- Take control of and level up iconic heroes from the Call of Duty franchise. Each hero has their own progression system and unique Killstreaks.
- Train and specialize your army using units directly from Call of Duty, such as Juggernauts, Dragonfires, and CLAWs.
- Unleash Killstreaks such as the drone strike, UAV, care package, and chopper gunner to devastate opponents.
- Build and upgrade your base into a fortress with sentry guns, Guardians, SAM turrets, howitzers, mines, and over 30 other upgradable structures.
- Defend your base against attackers and go on the offensive in three unique modes: PvP, Campaign, and Survival
- Team up with your friends to form alliances, donate troops, and dominate your enemies.
While the game itself is free, we must alert you all to the in-app purchases available.