Here's the breakdown of what AVIS customers can expect from the app:
- Book cars and vans- Search effortlessly for rental cars or vans (vans in selected geographies only), with results filtered by size or features. Hone in on rent-a-car locations at airports, train stations and cities; see which Avis station is nearest to you or view them on a map. Spot at-a-glance vehicle details, including features and driver requirements.
- Add handy extras - Useful extras can be added with ease on the new Avis app so you can get the most out of your adventure. Choose add-ons from sat nav to ski racks, super-fast mobile Wi-Fi to child seats, and, at every stage of your booking, find a price rundown of what's included.
- Log in to save time - Make your booking experience yet more seamless by logging in. Now you can pre-populate future bookings, manage settings like email subscriptions and update personal details at any time.
- Manage bookings - Plans can change: Check or amend your Avis car hire booking details at any time; upgrade your vehicle, add a driver or secure more extras for your dream journey.
- Track loyalty benefits - If you are an Avis Preferred, Preferred Plus or President's Club member, we've made it that much easier to view your tier status (and benefits), number of rentals, spend and rental history … you can even add on any missing rentals. Not yet a member? Anyone can join Avis Preferred for free using this app.
There's no word if AVIS plans to launch a UWP version of the app for Windows 10 PC and Mobile.
Thanks to Windowsphoneapps.es for the tip!