An update has been announced for the Movies & TV app for Windows Insiders on the Fast ring and Xbox One Preview program members. Included in this update are features that should make some binge watchers happy, the ability to toggle between Dolby and AAC 2-channel audio while streaming, and much more.
Here's the official breakdown of what's new in this update:
- When you start a video in the folders view, Previous and Next now skip to other videos in that folder.
- When rentals expire, it's easier to rent them again.
- You can now switch between Dolby and AAC 2-channel audio while streaming video.
- Buy while you binge: You can pay for each next TV episode just before it plays.
- On Windows devices, you can more quickly resume or restart movies currently in progress.
- On Xbox One consoles, you can quickly delete a movie while viewing its details.
If you're concerned with version numbers, this update will bump your Movies & TV app up to version 10.16102.1020. And again, this is currently only rolling out to Fast ring Windows Insiders, as well as members of the Xbox One Preview program.