Indian music streaming app Saavn has announced that it will partner with radio jockey Neelesh Misra, podcast network Indus Vox Media, and digital media brand Arré to launch a series of long-form audio programmes.
The list of original content includes ten shows that will debut on May 1:
- Qisson Ka Kona and Time Machine: Hosted by Neelesh Misra
- Trial By Error: The Aarushi Files: Hosted by Nishita Jha
- Maed in India: Hosted by Mae Thomas
- Cyrus Says: Hosted by Cyrus Broacha
- The Paodcast: Hosted by Amit Gurbaxani, Purva Mehra, and Pronoti Datta
- Geek Fruit: Hosted by Tejas Menon and Jishnu Guha
- Eat. Sleep. Joke. Repeat.: Hosted by Karan Agarwal
- TFG Sports Podcast: Hosted by Vageesh Bhan, Vivek Krishnan, and Chiranjit Ojha
- All Balls: Hosted by Ayaz Memon
Saavn said that it will continue to roll out new shows from Indus Vox Media and Arré. The service is also king off its Artist-in-Residence program with electronic artist Nucleya, through which users will be able to discover new musicians and bands.
From Saavn co-founder and CEO Rishi Malhotra:
With this launch, we are turning Saavn from a music-only product to a millennial entertainment platform with the best music experience, groundbreaking original programming, and a true home for artists and creators.
While music is at the heart of everything we do, we are building off that success to bring our listeners closer to India's best talent in storytelling, comedy, documentaries, and sports. Mobile is the new cable box and we're bringing these channels to life; they're made in India, for the world to hear.
All the shows will be free at launch, but that may change going forward, according to Malhotra:
A particular piece of content may be free in one region and behind the pay wall in another. Digital gives us the liberty to experiment and keep adapting until we get the right mix.