We love updating our apps, even though we don’t manually do it anymore in Windows Phone 8.1. Now apps can automatically be downloaded and updated in the background. That means you’re going to need to pay extra attention to when there’s new features in your favorite apps. Today we’re looking at updates for Tile Me!, Instafont and Surfy.
Today’s update for Tile Me! is a pretty big one. The paid version of the app is now at version 3.0, while the free version hits 2.0. In the free version of Tile Me you’ll find an updated UI. You’ll also find an updated UI in version 3.0 of the paid version, but with the extra features added as well:
- You can now upload a Twitter Header from the background creator
- You can now choose any image for the background creator and not just screenshots
- All references to SkyDrive have been changed to OneDrive
- Fixed app crashes when uploading PNGs
- Added red Lumia 822 to the background creator
- Minor bug fixes
Instafont is one of our favorite apps for adding text and weather information to our photos. Today’s update, version 4.0, introduces the following new features:
- 6 new filters (included 4 Instagram's filters - Earlybird, Lo-Fi, Valencia and X-Pro II)
- Rotate text
- Add animal sticker (you can also rotate sticker)
- Other improvements and bug fixes
You can download Instafont for free from the Windows Phone Store.
We’re digging all the new changes to IE11 on Windows Phone 8.1, but a lot of you like using alternative browsers. Today’s update for Surfy, version 3.9, brings more features that a lot of you with SD cards will like. Here’s what’s new:
- Export downloaded files to SD Card
- Export any file to Media Library
- Improvements to password and form cache
- Numerous bug fixes and enhancements
Thanks for the tips everyone!