Over a year ago, Aviary released their photo SDK for Windows Phone. It allowed developers to quickly and easily add photo editing capabilities to their applications with relatively little work. A lot of apps added Aviary to their already existing app in the Store, like Rowi. Now, the company has a new app called Photo Editor just for Windows Phone 8. Let’s check it out.
Photo Editor by Aviary is a Windows Phone 8 app based off their popular photo SDK. If you’re familiar with the apps that use Aviary as their photo editing controls you’ll find yourself right at home with Photo Editor. Its interface is similar, but the speed of this app feels a lot faster than what you might be used to. Here’s what you can do with Photo Editor by Aviary.
- Enhance – Quick presets (Auto, Night, Backlit, Balance) that you can apply to your photos instantly
- Effects – Various filters to get different looks with your photos.
- Stickers – Fun little images that you can add to images. You can change orientation and size to make them fit perfectly.
- Orientation – Switch the direction of your photo. Flip on either the vertical or horizontal axis, as well as rotate.
- Crop, Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, and Sharpness – You can fine tune your photos through sliders.
- Text and Drawing – You can add both text and drawings to photographs. A fun little twist to send caption photos to friends.
- Redeye, Whiten, and Blemish – Additionally you can fix the subjects in your photos. Nothing ruins a picture like redeye, take it out instantly here.
Editing photos with the app is easy and fast. And with a variety of controls and filters you’ll be able to create the final vision you have in store for a particular picture. Sharing is your photos is also another feature you can do quickly within the app. Just long press any image in the gallery or your finished image to bring up the share command. From there you’ll be able to send the photo to whatever apps share on your device.
Right now, Photo Editor by Aviary is free in celebration of its launch on Windows Phone 8. If you have a Windows Phone 8 device and want it you can go to the Store, use the QR link below, or swipe to the right in our app.
Source: Aviary Blog
PS5 games prices are higher than Xbox — but is that a good thing?
Sony's PlayStation 5 reveal came with some big caveats, and one of the most overlooked ones is the fact that games will be more expensive, seemingly across the board. Should Microsoft and Xbox jump on that train as well?
Review: Gigabyte's Z490 AORUS ULTRA is a gorgeous Intel motherboard
Gigabyte's Z490 AORUS ULTRA is a motherboard you should consider for a 10th or 11th Gen Intel-powered PC. On paper, it has plenty going for it, including amazing power design and cooling, passively cooled M.2 slots and good overclocking support.
You can get the Windows 10 October 2020 update early – here's how
In this guide, we'll show you the steps to upgrade your computer to the final release of the Windows 10 October 2020 Update before it's officially available to everyone.
Make the most of your Surface Pen and Slim Pen with these awesome apps
To really maximize the ability of the Surface Pen and Slim Pen, there are some essential apps you should check out. We've rounded up the best right here for a variety of purposes.