It's another day, another batch of app updates for Windows Phone. In case you've somehow missed the store notifications or they haven't quite reached your smartphone yet, we've got you covered. Today we'll be looking at Readit, Nokia Camera Beta and Evernote. Head on past the break for all the details on what's new.
The popular unofficial Reddit client for Windows Phone, Readit is a superb app worth having installed, whether you're an avid fan of multiple sub-reddits or simply enjoy spending a few minutes each day looking at cat photos. It's our favourite Reddit client and the developer has pushed out a rather large update with numerous changes and fixes.
Here's a list of everything that's new in version 188.8.131.52:
- Multireddits do not show a "." in the menu for unsubscribe anymore
- If "Show Read Posts" is off, and you read most of a sub or even the entire sub, links will not fail to load anymore
- "Show Comment Hierarchy Indicators" option not working is fixed
- Fix for the bug with new line/paragraph spacing issues
- Live tile is now showing correct new message count after opening inbox and closing app
- A post with a ton of comments does not take forever to load (up to 5 minutes) anymore
- Subreddit search and manager visit & subscribe buttons align/size correctly again
- App crash when trying to submit a post without a valid internet connection is now fixed
- Improved touch targets for comments and score counters
You can download Readit from the Windows Phone Store for $1.99 (trial available).
Nokia Camera Beta 184.108.40.206
The Finnish manufacturer has released an update for the beta version of its camera app on the Windows Phone Store. In this latest version, it's stated that support has been implemented for Lumia Windows Phones running the Amber software update. Should you be rocking a smartphone on said firmware version, you'll be able to rock out with the latest functionality.
If you wish to try out Nokia Camera on your Lumia Windows Phone (and haven't been able to do so thus far), check out this beta version. You can download Nokia Camera Beta from the Nokia Collection on the Windows Phone Store.
If you're not familiar with Evernote, it's a super popular cross-platform note taking service, which has been available on Windows Phone for some time. The company has released an update introducing the Post-it Note Camera feature. This new functionality allows you to snap a photo of a Post-it Note to digitise and enhance handwritten to-dos and general notes.
The app automatically assigns notebooks, tags and reminders to different colours of Post-it Notes, which is a handy way of quickly filing everything should you already use each colour for a different category. It's also possible to add multiple Post-it Notes to a single Evernote entry and search through handwritten text in images.
You can grab Evernote from the Windows Phone Store for free.