Xbox One players of the popular dinosaur-themed survival game ARK: Survival Evolved can download the latest update to the game. It offers, among other things, support for split-screen two-player multiplayer in both offline and online modes on non-dedicated servers.
The split-screen support will only be available on the Xbox One version of the game for a while, but it will eventually be added to the PC version as well. This week's update also adds some content to the Xbox One version that is already available for PC players, including three new creatures (the Dimetrodon, the Dung Beetle and the Gallimimus). Here is a quick look at what else has been included in the ARK: Survival Evolved update:
- SWAT-style Assault Armor for all your raiding needs!
- Greenhouse structure pieces to aid survivors in growing crops
- The shockingly powerful Electric Prod easily capable of knocking you out.
- Deep-Sea Loot Crates: swim into the deep and discover the highly valuable loot that exists below
- Craftable Beer Kegs for making tasty brews, with various status enhancing effects, however the subsequent 'hangover' effects are not so pleasant!
- Loads of bug fixes, serious performance update (~15%), fixed memory leak
- Non-dedicated servers now support up to Eight survivors and 33% larger tether distance
ARK: Survival Evolved is currently available as part of the Xbox Game Preview Program and will officially launch sometime this summer.
Source: ARK: Survival Evolved