Gates also talks about Apple Pay

Bill Gates wants to help improve Office

Big honor for winning team

Bill Gates meets Imagine Cup 2014 winning team

ALS Awareness

Bill Gates does best ALS Ice Bucket Challenge video yet

Microsoft News

Bill Gates is no longer Microsoft's largest shareholder

Microsoft News

From a Bill Gates memo to an industry practice: The story of Security Development Lifecycle

Windows Phone News

Cortana appears on The Tonight Show, Siri isn't happy

Microsoft News

Report: Ballmer had board pushback on Nokia deal, originally included HERE Maps division

Microsoft News

Watch Satya Nadella address Microsoft employees for the first time as CEO

Microsoft News

Bill Gates may become more active at Microsoft, assist new CEO

Microsoft News

Report: Satya Nadella to be named Microsoft’s next CEO, Gates out as Chairman

Microsoft News

Bill Gates becomes a Reddit secret santa - surprises one lucky girl

Windows

A trip down memory lane: 30 years since Windows was announced

Microsoft News

Steve Ballmer's planned departure from Microsoft reportedly more sudden than depicted

Windows Phone News

Gates becomes world's richest man again, Microsoft stock keeps a-rising

Windows Phone News

Bill Gates admits mistakes were made at Microsoft in the smartphone business

Windows Phone News

Bill Gates uses a Surface Pro. And other things we learned from his first AMA

Windows Phone News

PSA: Bill Gates is doing an AMA on Reddit right now

Windows Phone News

Bill Gates discusses Microsoft’s new Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8 strategy

Windows Phone News

Bill Gates is using the Samsung Focus

Windows Phone News

Happy birthday, Bill. Love, Bono

< >
28

Bill Gates wears chicken suits, goatees and tinfoil hats in his latest video

Bill Gates Viral Video

No matter how hard you want it, Bill Gates isn’t coming back to take the helm at Microsoft anytime soon. Sure, he’s Chairman of the Microsoft board and is involved with the selection process for the next CEO, but that’s about it. His work life now belongs to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, an organization that’s doing more good for humanity than any tech company out there. Which is why you need to watch his pretty funny attempt at a viral video to promote the charity.

Try and get those images of Billy G. out of your mind. In the meantime, you should definitely go read the 2014 Gates Annual Letter, it’s what the video was promoting. The letter this year addresses three myths that block progress for the poor. It’s a long read, but interactive and highly informative.

2014 Gates Annual Letter

Via: YouTube

4
loading...
0
loading...
0
loading...
0
loading...

Reader comments

Bill Gates wears chicken suits, goatees and tinfoil hats in his latest video

28 Comments

I used to visit sites like enemy.org and SAIE (Society Against Internet Explorer) when I was a kid. Now look at me and my strange combination of Fedora Linux on the desktop and a Windows Phone...

Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation. Nice. Not to be outdone Apple is busy at work with its Steve Jobs Found...ummm. What was Jobs' philanthropic organization again?

@venetasoft... It's not fair to subtract Warren Buffett from the equation. He has made a considerable contribution to Bill & Melinda's foundation. We're talking billions!!!!

That is just cringeworthy. And who wants Bill Gates to come back to Microsoft? Too much baggage. Bring in someone fresh.

LOL Gates has always been a good sport. And indeed he does a remarkable job. As much as I would like to see him back at the helm of Microsoft (given that Ballmer was a moron and the potential candidates don't seem to be a real improvement apart from Bates), I'm glad Gates is out of Microsoft. He's doind a much more noble work than Microsoft has ever done or will ever do.
That said...it would help that Microsoft stopped losing money on certain projects. After all, Bill's fortune is still sustained by Microsoft. And the more money Microsoft wastes, the less money Bill has for charity.

 

Bill Gates pledged to spend 95% of his net worth through his foundation. The interest from the remaining 5% alone would be enough to live out his life comfortably and leave his wife and children well taken care of. He really does not need to make any more money... ever ..