If you live in New England, then you may want to pencil in Tuesday, May 13, 2014 to attend the Boston Microsoft Windows 8.1 & Phone App Developers Group, sponsored by Microsoft. It looks to be an exciting night where the future of Windows Mobile, including RT and Phone, will be discussed by numerous experts.
In addition, there will be hands-on with the latest devices, food and prizes. Plus, I’ll be there giving a talk on ‘The challenge to catch up: Windows Phone, features and market share'. Best part? It’s free.
So how to sign up? It’s easy!
- Go to this website: www.meetup.com/WindowsAppsBoston/events/176444092/
- Hit the RSVP button in the upper right corner that says ‘Join and RSVP’
- Be there at 6 PM at the Microsoft offices (One Cambridge Center) to join in the fun
- The event will be three hours with food and prizes
RSVPing is not required, but it makes it easier to get into the building.
Not only can you play with the Nokia Lumia 1020, 1520 and Icon, but there will be some must-see experts on hand to discuss various topics, including:
- Michael Cummings, Senior Technical Evangelist for Microsoft, will take a deeper look at how the new Universal Apps work, comparing that to other existing solutions like Portable Class Libraries and the File Linker extension. Then he will tour how the app submission process changes for a Universal App, and the changes to the store for existing apps. Finally, he will cover how Xamarin has kept pace and utilizes the Universal App for Android and iOS apps.
- Barrie Mirman, Devices Solution Specialist, US Windows Devices, Microsoft
- Lance McCarthy, Nokia Developer Ambassador
- Bob Familiar, Microsoft Evangelism Director
- Jason Belsito, Microsoft Store
So sign up and let’s hang out in two weeks. Let me know in comments if you're going!