If you have never heard of the Gaana.com, it only means you are not in India. The service is one of three in that country, letting people worldwide stream free and licensed music in 21 different languages (thank you, Wikipedia). It competes with Saavn and Hungama with Saavn grabbing most of Bollywood's music catalog lately. Gaana now focuses on a lot of regional stuff, as a result.
Anyway, the developers behind the Windows Phone app have been going on a tear this last week, overhauling the app to bring it more in line with iOS and Android. This after nearly a year without an update, so yeah, a big deal.
- Slick new black theme
- Download songs to your phone using Gaana+ subscription
- Listen to Radio Mirchi stations
- Select streaming quality for better experience
- Select music language for a personalised experience
- Start radio around song and artist
- Pin Albums and Playlists to home screen
- Bug fixes and other improvements
Many people have tipped us over the last few days about the app, remarking about the improved UI, ability to download songs finally and being able to use the Gaana+ subscription service.
So if you have missed the updates, another just came out today, so make sure to grab it. Moreover, if you are new to Windows Phone, then make sure you grab the app to get your groove on.
Thanks every Windows Phone user in India for the flood of email tips