The Windows Mobile team has announced a series of developers' camps for the upcoming release of Windows Mobile 6.5.
The first dev camp will be Aug. 19 in Redmond, Wash., at the Microsoft campus. The BarCamp-style events are geared to:
- Create new applications for the Windows Mobile Platform.
- Meet and work side-by-side with team members from the Microsoft
- Mobile Developer Experience team.
- Migrate existing mobile applications from the iPhone, Blackberry and Palm Pre to the Windows Mobile Platform.
- Create applications to support Windows Enterprise Applications.
- Test and optimize applications for Windows Mobile 6.5.
Five other camps are being planned for Austin, Texas; London; New York; San Francisco and Singapore.
Update: In other news, Verizon just announced its "We Don't Need No Stinkin' Windows Marketplace for Mobile" Dev Camp on June 28.