Opera Software has announced the public availability of Opera Mobile 10 for the Windows Mobile platform. According to Opera, "this version for the Windows phones will elevate mobile browsing to a desktop-like experience, helping people to search, socialize and stay connected while on the go." And, really, who doesn't want that?
Some of the Opera Mobile 10 highlights include:
- Speed dial feature that serves as a table of contents for your Web
- Tabbed Browsing
- Improved Password Management
- Touchscreen or keypad navigation compatible
The Beta version is available as a free download at Opera's website or point your mobile browser to m.opera.com/mobile to download the cab file directly to your Windows phone. We'll take the Beta version out for a test drive and we'll have a review up soon.
If you curious, follow the break for the full press release from Opera Software and a few more screenshots.
PRESS RELEASE: OPERA SOFTWARE
Opera to the rescue: Opera Mobile 10 now available for Windows Mobile
Oslo, Norway – November 18, 2009 - Opera Mobile 10 beta for Windows Mobile
phones is now available for immediate download on a smartphone near you.
This version for Windows Mobile users elevates mobile browsing to a
desktop-like experience, helping people to search, socialize and stay
connected while on-the-go.
The Opera Mobile 10 beta for Windows Mobile looks and feels similar to the
Opera 10 desktop browser and Opera Mini 5 beta. Opera is creating more
cohesion between its products by introducing a unified look across many of
its platforms. Opera maintains its powerful arsenal of features in this
beta, including Speed Dial, tabbed browsing, a password manager and its
super, server-side compressor, Opera Turbo.
“We are unifying our products, so that users get the same experience, no
matter the device or which particular Opera browser they are using,” said
Jon von Tetzchner, CEO, Opera Software. “With Opera Mobile 10, we are
raising the expectations of how a a mobile browser should perform. Today,
users require a browser as powerful as the Web, one that can handle their
daily tasks as well as their computers. That’s Opera.”
10 ways that Opera Mobile 10 works for you:
1. Intuitive new interface – Opera has thrown out the clutter and is
keeping it simple in terms of aesthetics. Less is more when it comes to
2. Speed Dial – Speed Dial serves as your personal table of contents for
the Web. Your favorite sites welcome you upon launching Opera, and in one
click, you are there.
3. Tabbed browsing – Open new links in multiple tabs to bounce between
4. Password manager – Save those annoying passwords with Opera’s password
manager, or if you are feeling vulnerable, simply and swiftly delete all.
5. Touchscreen or keypad navigation – Whether your Windows Mobile
smartphone is touchscreen or keypad-based, Opera Mobile 10 beta is
customized for your navigation style.
6. Save images – Select and save your friends’ Facebook pictures to your
phone for offline viewing later.
7. Opera Turbo – Offload your page rendering to one of Opera’s servers,
and reduce your data costs.
8. Advanced compatibility - Since Opera Mobile 10 beta is based on Opera’s
browser for desktop computers, it maintains advanced Web-site
compatibility and ensures that nearly any site is accessible from a mobile
9. Smooth surfing – Pan, zoom and smoothly scroll your way through the Web.
10. It is free! – Opera Mobile 10 beta for Windows Mobile is available as
a free download at http://www.opera.com/mobile/ or m.opera.com/mobile/
(for phone download).
About Opera Software ASA
Opera Software ASA has redefined Web browsing for PCs, mobile phones and
other networked devices. Opera's cross-platform Web browser technology is
renowned for its performance, standards compliance and small size, while
giving users a faster, safer and more dynamic online experience. Opera
Software is headquartered in Oslo, Norway, with offices around the world.
The company is listed on the Oslo Stock Exchange under the ticker symbol
OPERA. Learn more about Opera at http://www.opera.com/.