SiriusXM and Roku have launched their official apps for Windows 10 on the PC and tablets.
The satellite radio network SiriusXM started offering customers a chance to beta test their Windows 10 app a few weeks ago. Here's what subscribers to SiriusXM can expect from the newly launched app:
- Stream SiriusXM channels live, including additional online-only channels.
- Custom mix many of your favorite music and comedy channels.
- Get On Demand access to our large catalog of content and listen on your schedule.
- Easily find channels, shows, and episodes with enhanced search capability.
- Receive personalized recommendations to help you find even more content you'll love.
- Let your friends in on what you're hearing or shout it to the world with new social features.
Roku launches its apps for Windows Phone 8.1 and Windows 8.1 in 2014. The new Windows 10 PC version lets owners of the company's streaming media devices control them remotely via the app's features. The official Roku blog states:
This is the first time the Roku app will be available to tablet users so be sure to take advantage of controlling your Roku device with a large screen and in landscape mode! Navigating more than 3,000 channels and 300,000 movies and TV episodes available on the Roku platform has never been easier. The Roku app for Windows 10 is a universal Windows app, which means it features Cortana support as well.